Beauty routine for the summer
July/August (Lea Mahoney)
Summer is a wonderful time to enjoy the outdoors and eat good, local foods. These are some tips to stay fresh, healthy, and beautiful in the hotter months.
- Wake up with the sun, around 5:00 am, and do some breathing exercises. Paying attention to the breath is a great way to prepare for some gentle yoga poses and meditation.
- Drink a tall glass of warm water in the morning to kick-start your digestive fire.
- Scrape your tongue after you brush your teeth in the morning to remove unwanted waste from the body.
- Exercise in the morning to burn fat in the body all day long.
- Use facemasks, such as Sarada Ayurvedic Remediesâ€™ Radiant Facial, once a week for a glowing complexion.
- Massage yourself daily with a cooling oil, such as organic coconut oil to promote balance in the body, mind, and spirit.
- Eat seasonal foods during the hot months including local berries, apples, fresh greens, cucumbers, and herbs.
Summer Weight Balancing Tips, by Lea Mahoney
This summer, keep up with a healthy lifestyle with some of the following tips!
- Eat according to the season. During the warmer months, it’s easy to eat seasonal, local produce. Try buying your food at a nearby Farmer’s Market, or grow your own!
- Drink a glass of warm water to ensure a morning bowel movement.
- Go for a jog or practice yoga in the morning, between 6:00 and 10:00 am.
- Try to eat lunch around the same time every day, around noon, and make this your biggest meal of the day.
- Relax during your meals, slow down while you chew. Pay attention to how full you feel and eat until you are about three quarters of the way full.
- Avoid snacking! Enjoy three meals instead.
- Eat "real", unprocessed food that consists mostly of vegetables.
||SpaFinder Magazine — Readers’ Choice 2009 — Best for Winter Sports!
Early Booking and Frequent Guest Programs
Stay the night! Take advantage of our Early Booking Savings and save up to 25%! And—bring the whole family! Check out all of the Great for Kids activities available in Stowe.