Conference Event Coordinator
Responsibility for coordinating conferences and group meetings. Acts a liaison between all departments when accepting the hand off from sales, interacting, coordinating and upselling with the client and then communicating all aspects of the functions, which take place at the resort, to the operating departments of the resort. Work in conjunction / coordination of conference service staff. A strong secondary responsibility is the solicitation and responsiveness to inquiries for any free standing social meal / beverage functions, including weddings and all the coordination for these events.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with meeting planners to coordinate their conference.
- Manage the entire group coordination documentation process - including but not limited to: defining meeting schedule and accurate booking of meeting space / meal / banquet requests and upselling opportunities / rooming list options and room configuration commitments / accurate review of counts and attendance for all functions / securing deposits and final billing / in house contact, in concert with designated sales manager / continual assist in 're-booking' the client and thank you follow-up and group satisfaction questionnaire.
- Make arrangements with all off-site vendors for activities and other needs for clients.
- Work with transportation companies to make arrangements for airport transfers for clients.
- Process month end reporting.
- Process and manage group billing and receivables.
- Do weekly function sheets for all groups coming in.
- Attend and present 10 day BEO's as well we Pre-Lims for other groups within the coming month - at weekly managers meetings.
- Back up wedding consultant (show potential brides around and/or book wedding when wedding consultant is not around to do so).
- Work with meeting planners on Day-of Events to help execute any last minute planning.
- Coordinate and communicate closely with Revenue-Reservations Manager as well as Conference Services Manager
Must have at least 3 years of experience as a Conference Coordinator for a hotel / resort with at least 10,000 square ft of function space; Preferred familiarization with Delphi and Host Systems and flexibility to work hours, 45+ total, beyond the standard 8-5pm Monday thru Friday, including weekends. Excellent organization and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work with the entire sales and operational team and display a keen and consistent sense of Time Management.
- Perform facial treatments and waxing services to guests
- Analyze guest's skin and prescribe the appropriate facial treatment
- Explain products and reasons for the prescribed treatment to guests
- Prepare the facial and waxing equipment and supplies daily
- Maintain supply and treatment areas as directed
- Stay current on the latest thinking pertinent to the department and become well-versed and trained in its application
- Ensure a pleasant visit for each guest and maintain effective guest relations
- Promote and execute effective retail sales
- Maintain current knowledge of all spa programs and company information
- Perform special projects as required by Lead Esthetician or Spa Treatments Manager
- Conduct tours of the facility
- Maintain cleanliness and neatness of the spa facility as directed by management
- Provide appropriate and consistent levels of guest service and hospitality
- Report for scheduled shifts promptly and ready to work
- Perform hair, manicure, pedicure, make up and waxing services.
- Perform above services for weddings and special events.
- Oversee and maintain the cleanliness and neatness of the salon areas and Spa facilities.
- Provide appropriate and consistent levels of guest service and hospitality.
- Conduct tours of the facility as requested.
- Work cooperatively and professionally with all departments.
- Attend regular meetings as directed by the Assistant Spa Director.
- Perform special projects as required by Treatments Manager or Spa Director.
- Training and seminars are provided for staff.
Current license in massage therapy. Nationally Certified. One year experience providing massage services in a high-end salon or luxury spa environment.
Responsible for cleaning and preparing guest rooms and townhouses in a manner that will ensure Stoweflake's guests a clean, attractive and secure place to stay with friendly attentive service.
- Responsible for cleaning assigned rooms using approved cleaning chemicals and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains Housekeeping carts with specified products, in required quantities to adequately clean assigned rooms.
- Maintains cleanliness of closets and storage areas.
- Completes daily assignment sheet, correctly identifying the status of each room. Report any maintenance problem's or product shortages.
- Learns and is able to maintain a high level of cleanliness in the guest rooms as well as any other area assigned.
- Must be able to bend repetitively and lift 30-50 pounds.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent guest relations skills.
- Heavy lifting required.
- An eye for detail.
- Ability to establish a sense of security to the guests/visitors.
- Must be 21 years of age, hold a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
We are looking for "morning" people who are bright and cheery at 6 a.m. Seeking either full or part-time people for this year 'round position. Energetic, self-motivated person looking for a great work atmosphere a must!
Lunch & Dinner Waitstaff
Seeking either full- or part-time people for this year 'round position. Energetic, self-motivated person looking for a great work atmosphere a must!
Provide banquet food and beverage service, in a AAA 4-diamond manner, to conference attendees. Assist the Banquet Director with food and beverage set up. Able to lift 30+ pounds. All shifts, weekends and holidays may be required.
For more information, call 802.760.1060, ext. 5317. You can apply in person at the Stoweflake Front Desk or submit your resume to:
Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa
Attn: Personnel Manager
P.O. Box 369
Stowe, VT 05672