Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa, New England's Premier Luxury Resort and Conference Center is seeking a dynamic individual to add to our sales team. The Conference Center at Stoweflake is one of the most award-winning conference centers in the country and is looking for a Sales Manager.
Hotel Group Sales Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Focus on producing sales through direct sales and maintaining current accounts and networking.
- Acquire referrals from existing accounts; follow up on leads within 24 hrs. of receipt in an effort to create new business.
- Maximize current hotel key accounts by identifying and developing those that offer revenue growth.
- Capture competitor's accounts through networking, research and reader board surveys.
- Responsible for re-booking business through building strong professional customer service.
- Maintain well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management in order to serve client and employer needs.
- Develop strong customer relationships through appropriate client communication, sales and negotiating skills and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Represent self and the hotel with the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
Delphi Software knowledge is desired
Job Requires individual to be goal oriented and results driven. Position also requires occasional AM/PM work plus some weekends and that individual passes background check.
Internal Software Support Specialist
This entry level position provides training, procedure development and trouble-shooting software systems, assist/coordinate third party support. HOST Property Management experiences a bonus. IT degree not required. Will train candidates with other Hospitality experience.
Summary: The Software Support person provides support for the below mentioned functions. The HOST Super User/Software Specialist person is also to provide the administration functions needed to lead the Resort in utilizing the capabilities of the various software systems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Prior working knowledge of current property management system (SMS|Host) - required
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems - required
- Prior experience in computer support - desired
- Hardware experience - helpful
- Prior experience in organizing and conducting computer training classes - desired
The employee must periodically lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Support the following Departmental Functions:
The function of the Information Technology (IT) Department is to administer, manage, and direct the computerization, telecommunication, and information processing functions of The Stoweflake Mountain Resort and Spa. This is to include, but not limited to the following:
- Intranet Administration
- Training - coordinate and conduct training session on new software functionality
- Testing - Test new software patches and install in to live system when necessary
- Procedure Development - Develop, test, configure and train new procedures within our software systems
- Report Writing - assist in writing custom reports
- Internet support
- Understanding of PC Workstations - including the operating systems (NT, 2000 and XP), keyboards, mouse, and monitors.
- Peripherals - printers, scanners, modems, etc.
- PBX Telephone Systems - maintenance and programming
- Operational Software Systems - provide technical support and assistance through the support lines for our operational software such as the HOST Property Management System, Point of Sale system, Accounting systems, Office Suite, and Work Order system.
- Other systems that may be added as it relates to the above functions.
- Network systems - understanding the file servers, operating systems and associated network communication devices (i.e. switches, hubs, and cabling). Coordinate outside Vendor for Network and Hardware issues.
2. On-Call Coverage - TBD
Guest Services Representative
We are currently seeking a Guest Services Representative. The selected candidate will be responsible for ensuring 100% satisfaction from the moment a guest arrives at the hotel until they check out. They should anticipate a guest's needs before they even know what they want. They may assist guests with all aspects of their stay.
- The customer service oriented agent will check guests into and out of the hotel, inform guests about hotel facilities/services, fulfill their requests during their stay, answer telephone inquiries, and make reservations.
- Post charges and handle cash and credit card transactions. Maintain balance of cash bank. Maintain guest accounts: guest checks, master accounts, vouchers, gift certificates, etc.
- Manage and resolve all guest complaints (and compliments) in a professional and courteous manner.
- Resolves complaints and inquiries concerning service and facilities.
- Effectively coordinate relocation of guests when necessary.
- Ability to communicate with guest, hotel staff and management in a professional manner.
- Provide effective communication to all departments of guest activity.
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ensure that the front desk and back office is clean and well organized.
- Nights, weekends and holidays are required
Conference Sales Coordinator
Responsibility for coordinating conferences and group meetings. Acts a liaison between all departments when accepting the hand off from sales, interacting, coordinating and upselling with the client and then communicating all aspects of the functions, which take place at the resort, to the operating departments of the resort. Work in conjunction / coordination of conference service staff. A strong secondary responsibility is the solicitation and responsiveness to inquiries for any free standing social meal / beverage functions, including weddings and all the coordination for these events.
- Work with meeting planners to coordinate their conference.
- Manage the entire group coordination documentation process â€“ including but not limited to: defining meeting schedule and accurate booking of meeting space / meal / banquet requests and upselling opportunities / rooming list options and room configuration commitments / accurate review of counts and attendance for all functions / securing deposits and final billing / in house contact, in concert with designated sales manager / continual assist in ‘re-booking’ the client and thank you follow-up and group satisfaction questionnaire.
- Make arrangements with all off-site vendors for activities and other needs for clients.
- Work with transportation companies to make arrangements for airport transfers for clients.
- Process month end reporting
- Process and manage group billing and receivables
- Do weekly function sheets for all groups coming in.
- Attend and present 10 day BEO’s as well we Pre-Lims for other groups within the coming month - at weekly managers meetings.
- Back up wedding consultant (show potential brides around and/or book wedding when wedding consultant is not around to do so).
- Book breakfast / lunch / dinner holiday and special occasion events and Christmas Parties â€“ all considered free standing Social banquet events that are NON-meeting related.
- Maintain conference center inventories.
- Coordinate and communicate closely with Revenue-Reservations Manager as well as Conference Services Manager
Customer Care Specialist
Luxury year-around Resort seeks part to full time customer service-oriented individual who can provide professional and friendly service for our Guest Service Department. Experience with computers (SMS Host considered a strong asset), customer service, handling cash, and knowledge of the area. Shifts includes day, evening and weekends.
- Perform facial treatments and waxing services to guests
- Analyze guest's skin and prescribe the appropriate facial treatment
- Explain products and reasons for the prescribed treatment to guests
- Prepare the facial and waxing equipment and supplies daily
- Maintain supply and treatment areas as directed
- Stay current on the latest thinking pertinent to the department and become well-versed and trained in its application
- Ensure a pleasant visit for each guest and maintain effective guest relations
- Promote and execute effective retail sales
- Maintain current knowledge of all spa programs and company information
- Perform special projects as required by Lead Esthetician or Spa Treatments Manager
- Conduct tours of the facility
- Maintain cleanliness and neatness of the spa facility as directed by management
- Provide appropriate and consistent levels of guest service and hospitality
- Report for scheduled shifts promptly and ready to work
- Perform hair, manicure, pedicure, make up and waxing services.
- Perform above services for weddings and special events.
- Oversee and maintain the cleanliness and neatness of the salon areas and Spa facilities.
- Provide appropriate and consistent levels of guest service and hospitality.
- Conduct tours of the facility as requested.
- Work cooperatively and professionally with all departments.
- Attend regular meetings as directed by the Assistant Spa Director.
- Perform special projects as required by Treatments Manager or Spa Director.
- Training and seminars are provided for staff.
Current license in massage therapy. Nationally Certified. One year experience providing massage services in a high-end salon or luxury spa environment.
Responsible for cleaning and preparing guest rooms and townhouses in a manner that will ensure Stoweflake's guests a clean, attractive and secure place to stay with friendly attentive service.
- Responsible for cleaning assigned rooms using approved cleaning chemicals and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains Housekeeping carts with specified products, in required quantities to adequately clean assigned rooms.
- Maintains cleanliness of closets and storage areas.
- Completes daily assignment sheet, correctly identifying the status of each room. Report any maintenance problem's or product shortages.
- Learns and is able to maintain a high level of cleanliness in the guest rooms as well as any other area assigned.
- Must be able to bend repetitively and lift 30-50 pounds.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent guest relations skills.
- Heavy lifting required.
- An eye for detail.
- Ability to establish a sense of security to the guests/visitors.
- Must be 21 years of age, hold a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
Responsible for planning, preparing, and executing all food within the Banquet Center at The Stoweflake Resort & Conference Center which includes 20,000 square feet of conference space.
Plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of food production for incoming local, national and international clients through information provided in Stoweflake Conference Center Banquet Event Orders (BEOs). Administrative duties may include scheduling, ordering, delegating, progressive discipline, and communicating information within the department and resort wide. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work area and equipment. Be knowledgeable of Stoweflake Resort & Conference Center policies and procedures.
The Kitchen Supervisor assumes responsibility for the kitchen in the absence of the Sous/ Executive Sous Chef and leads the culinary staff for successful kitchen operations.
- Ensure the effective operation of the kitchen by directly supervising culinary staff to precisely, consistently and safely deliver on guest food orders
- Deliver a consistent food product and manage the restaurant's delivery of meals by expediting food orders.
- Assist the Sous/ Executive Sous Chef with menu creation.
- Maintain food stock levels and control cost of sales by assisting Sous/ Executive Sous Chef with ordering required food through approved vendors and conducting food inventory.
- Safely prepare food by using knives, ovens, grills, warming trays and other restaurant cooking instruments in accordance to culinary standards for safe operation
- Positively and professionally respond to Sous/ Executive Sous Chef requests to complete tasks assigned to culinary standards, including but not limited to: preparation work, dishwashing, cooking food, plating food, sanitizing the kitchen with chemicals, transporting food deliveries from dock and unpacking in dry and cold storage, keeping work station neat and sanitized, and other duties as assigned.
- Communicate in a courteous and professional manner
Plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in accordance with standards and plating guides. Position requires previous work experience. Position offers opportunity for advancement.
We are looking for "morning" people who are bright and cheery at 6 a.m. Seeking either full or part-time people for this year 'round position. Energetic, self-motivated person looking for a great work atmosphere a must!
Lunch & Dinner Waitstaff
Seeking either full- or part-time people for this year 'round position. Energetic, self-motivated person looking for a great work atmosphere a must!
Provide banquet food and beverage service, in a AAA 4-diamond manner, to conference attendees. Assist the Banquet Director with food and beverage set up. Able to lift 30+ pounds. All shifts, weekends and holidays may be required.
For more information, call 802.760.1060, ext. 5317. You can apply in person at the Stoweflake Front Desk or submit your resume to:
Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa
Attn: Personnel Manager
P.O. Box 369
Stowe, VT 05672