As a member of the Vermont Fresh Network, the Chefs of Stoweflake and Charlie B's are committed to using as many locally grown and New England produced foods as possible.
Each season brings a bountiful array of fresh regional produce, locally raised poultry and meats, tasty artisan cheeses, mouthwatering seafood and exciting new beverages. Combined with the chefs innovative Stoweflake Spa Cuisine, these healthy, exciting dishes are bountiful with rich flavors and nutritional value.
Our Local Purveyors
Green Mountain Coffee
Green Mountain Smokehouse
Green Mountain Distillers
Long Trail Brewery
Magic Hat Brewery
Maple Brook Farms Cheese
Maple Leaf Farms
Misty Knoll Chicken
Otter Creek Brewery
Pete’s Organic Greens
Shelburne Farms Cheese
Squash Valley Produce
Vermont Butter & Cheese
Try a new exciting recipe each month – our opportunity to share with you the true essence of healthy living in Vermont. And visit the Cabot Creamery website for more great recipes.
A preferred culinary partner of Stoweflake is Vermont’s own Cabot Creamery, continually named the Maker’s of the "World’s Best Cheddar". Here is a recipe we'd like to share with you.
Makes 6 Servings
6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated
1/2 cup finely chopped pitted kalamata olives
1/2 cup Italian-seasoned dry breadcrumbs
1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and pated dry
1/2 cup Cabot Greek Style Yogurt
1/4 teaspoon salt
Mixed salad greens
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place chicken between two sheets plastic wrap; pound with meat mallet or heavy pan to flatten. Uncover and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
3. Sprinkle cheese and olives evenly onto center of each chicken breast; roll up, jellyroll-style and secure with wooden toothpicks. Dredge chicken rolls in breadcrumbs.
4. Place rolls seam-side-down on baking sheet coated with cooking spray; lightly coat rolls with cooking spray. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way to center.
5. Meanwhile, pulse red peppers in food processor until pureed; add yogurt and salt, pulsing just until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. Remove chicken from oven and remove toothpicks. Let cool slightly. Slice breasts crosswise into 1-inch thick slices; arrange over salad greens and serve with red bell pepper sauce.
Calories 273 , Total Fat 15g , Saturated Fat 4g , Sodium 1176mg , Carbohydrates 10g, Dietary Fiber 1g , Protein 23g , Calcium 60mg